Apparently, I have been on an 8 month sabbatical from blogging.
Since my last post, I have purchased a vacuum and managed to clog the wheels with hair and managed to stuff all my bathroom crap into a drawer under the sink (though most days all of it just stays laid out on the sink). My aunt made me amazing curtains for my patio door and valances for the windows. The curtains are not soundproof but the I have learned to love the downstairs neighbor. I affectionately call him "Rifle Man" now. It could probably just be "Gun Man" because after my first actual conversation with him (in a dark garage), I learned he was always armed, not just when he was shooting into the wilderness of the condo association.
I no longer desire a new computer as I spent a hunk of my tax refund money on a dining room table that should be ready to set up at the beginning of May. That means I will soon have an extra dining room table if anyone wants it. Perhaps when my favorite Music teachers get jobs in NWI, they will need one for their apt. It can get passed down just like the beloved futon. The Taurus is doing well. In about 4,000, she will hit 100K. Wooooo. I've been spying cars on the road I like. Along with the Ford Escape or Taurus (I'm a Ford girl, what can I say), I've just started eyeing the new Honda CRVs. They are slick and don't Hondas last forever and hold their value like woah?
The king-sized bed idea still sounds fabulous though it won't be happening. Where would I put my current bed? In the spare room that holds the couch that will never move because we had to break it just to get through the door? I don't think so.
In other news, school is making me crazy. Some smartie up high decided that we should use our built in snow day to make school end one day early. On June 1. The Tuesday after Memorial Day. Yeah. What kid is going to want to come to school that day? And if/when the kids show up, what the hell are we supposed to do with them for a FULL day? Give finals? I don't think so. UGH. Talk about aggravating.
This was our first full week of school since the middle of March. Exhausting! I don't think I'm going to make it until Memorial Day without a day off. Good thing I have a conference on Columbia City, IN (the party capital of the world) on May 19. I may even have to be "sick" and use one or two or ten of my 30 sick days to stay sane.
I'm off to watch Shrek 3 and digest my Tombstone pizza dinner. I hope I stay awake for Jimmy Fallon tonight! His Friday night thank you card segment is hilarious.
2 comments:
Haha! I guess since you are now back I should start posting too! No news yet on the jobs in NWI, but I'll let you know as soon as I hear something! I do have a dining room table though, a nice 3'x 5' table with 4 chairs that I refinished last summer. Haha. Oh, and I would love to get out of school on the 1st of June... our district uses the 6 built in snow days every year, which means we don't get out till the 9th! :-(
Very happy to see that you made an ost-pay. I was about to comment that I'd love the table, until I read the comment and realized that I probably won't be needing it. Haha.
Post a Comment