Sunday, August 30, 2009

Update

This post is more of a reminder list for me than entertainment for you....

Things I need and/or want for the new condo
1. A vacuum that doesn't blow dust at your face when you try to use the attachment piece. One that works on laminate flooring would be ideal. I have a feeling you need to spend a pretty penny to get a "good" one though. Sigh. Christmas present? Oh wait, my parents are probably getting me a dining room table for that holiday. Can I live without a vacuum until my April birthday?

2. A set of drawers for my bathroom crap. I never knew how much I depended on a medicine cabinet. Like where do I put my toothbrush, toothpaste, nail clippers, Neosporin, spare hair ties and Advil? This necessity is a bit less expensive than the first so perhaps I can pick that up at Walmart this week when I go to get toilet paper and garbage bags (and aluminum foil for my Michael Jackson Memorial Party costume).

3. A coffee table. The one I have is too low. I'd love an huge padded ottoman! Put that on the Santa list. Or perhaps it can be on the tax refund list. I can bump the flat screen tv down one. I'd appreciate a place to put my feet more than a tv, right?

4. CURTAINS! Staring out into the darkness of the forest in my "backyard" from the patio doors is getting kind of scary. Are there soundproof curtains? I'd like them to block out the noise of my neighbor who is always yelling at his poor dog. Dude, put him on a leash if you don't want him to go places. Maybe that would save you from yelling "Get over here" or "Don't go there" or "Get out" or "No" (plus or minus a cuss word or two). Just a thought....

5. A new computer of the Mac variety. Yes, I get a laptop during the school year. Yes, I have my mini laptop and a desktop computer already at home. I think it'd be nice to have a desktop at home that is quick and has the same formats as my school computer. That way I can create lots and lots of worksheets for the kiddies while at home and don't have to worry about dropping the school's laptop. There's an educator's discount and a free ipod rebate thing every year. I'll start saving for next August!

6. A new used car. I hope the Taurus makes it to 2011 but I have a sneaky suspicion it may not. If the secret to keeping a car a long time is all in the oil changes then I need to hire someone to take my car for one every three months. Any takers? Free joy ride in my car if apply for the job.

7. A king size bed. I got the room at my aunt's lake house with the king-er this weekend (because I refused to sleep with the two snorers...but learned sweeper can snore too. Sigh.) It's so amazing that you can share a bed with someone and not even realize they are there. The extra long pillows are a must too....makes the other person seem even farther away.

Reality Thought of the Day: Why would you continue to date someone that you'd considered signing up for Vh1's Tool Academy???? People are stupid.

No comments: