American Idol's Give Back special is the biggest waste of my time. But 1 hour and 49 minutes in and I haven't changed the channel. I just want to see who gets kicked off. Last year, I sat through the whole thing and I don't even think they kicked anyone off because that would have been depressing (just like the special). They better not fool me twice.
In other news, my condo is getting new windows on Tuesday at 7:30 am. Yeah, school is still in session sooo my good ole pops is coming out to sit around here for four hours while the new (hopefully bug resistant screens) are installed. Because of this visit, I should do some cleaning this weekend, which I should have time for since I haven't done anything on a weekend in a while. I was just developing a sore throat this weekend and tried to rest a lot so it would go away. That did nothing at all because I currently have a kleenex stuffed up my nose to block the snot from making a quick exit. I bought medicine at Walmart but only have two doses left. I decided to save them for school since the kids will laugh if I have tissues dangling from my schnoz.
Speaking of Walmart, the Valpo one is in the process being snazzy-fied. It's looking quite spiffy (especially for the clientele that you run into on the weekends there). My most recent shopping trip lasted twice as long as usual though. Each aisle has two signs - one at each end. The signs by the cheese and bacon side of the store (where I usually hang out) are incorrect. I walked down what I thought was the cookie aisle and found toilet paper... Soooo, I suggest you follow the green signs near the main drag. If you're wondering, the cookies are near the back...for now. Who knows where they will go when the floors are completely finished. The shoes are right at the front now. It's quite hideous. Are they there because it's the most stolen from department?
Idol is STILL on. It's 9:04. Put on the news. Oh. Wait. Ben Affleck is talking. He can finish. Nice facial hair, Benny. Mmmmm.
It's Thursday and Secretary's Day on The Office tomorrow. Enjoy it!
P.S. Am I supposed to be getting HD channels now? Is this a sign that I should buy a new tv that will make the HD channels look even more superb?????
***Update: At 9:24, they kicked someone off Idol. The girl in my 5th period who's in love with Tim will be crying tomorrow...too bad I won't be sharing my kleenex!
No comments:
Post a Comment