Monday, April 26, 2010

Achy, Breaky Leg

My legs are in pain. As a youngin', they ached before or during a big rainstorm. I don't think this is the case today. My theory on why they hurt is going to sound absurd. I believe they are annoying me because I annoyed them earlier by wearing trouser socks to school. The band that holds the socks up was too tight around my mid calves. The socks must have cut off blood circulation or something. Eeek. How do I get the blood flowing again? By drinking coffee? Good. Because that's what I'm doing.

ISTEP Remediation classes are over for the year so my Monday and Wednesdays are free again. I will not be signing up to teach them again next year. So not worth the pay. For as much work as I put into it, I got paid less than minimum wage. That's what I get for doing something just for money. In addition to money that will barely cover one mortgage payment, I learned that I am SO LUCKY I found a math teaching job before an English one. Teaching English is annoying. Kids hate it (even when I teach it. Ha)!

I went to Staples today on a mission to spend $40 of PTC money. While there, I spent far too much time picking out Post-Its and analyzing the unit price of pencils. I also picked up two new binders- they're the new plastic page protectors for me. I can't get enough of them! At the checkout, I may have inadvertently flirted with the cashier. I'm going to call it "pulling a Jennie." This can be translated as "being too talkative with strangers." Anyway, here's the convo. You tell me if there was an flirting and if so, on who it should be blamed.

Staples Man: How are you today?
Post-It Gal: Fine. How are you?
SM: Pretty good for a Monday.
PIG: Is it really a Monday for you or did you work yesterday?
SM: No, it's really a Monday. I had school today.
PIG: Oh, at VU?
SM: Yeah, I had thermodynamicsnuffaluffagus this morning but there is only a week of classes left before finals next Thursday-Saturday. *makes a weird face*
PIG: They're still having finals on Saturday? I never understood that. Like just get rid of Reading Day and end finals a day early, right?
SM: Yeah, blah blah finals blah blah blah. Are you a Staples Rewards member?
PIG: No.
I pay, he looks at my credit card signature (probably so he can google me later)
PIG: (in regards to my cart) Should I just put it over there or bring it back by the rest?
SM: You can just leave it. Thanks for asking though *one eye crinkles (a wink, perhaps?)*

By the time I made it to Speedway, I was still laughing (in my head) about the encounter. I then laughed some more (this time out loud) because the pump coil was twisted and as I untwisted it the nozzle magically hit the Unleaded PLUS gas button. I hope the Taurus can handle this ritzy gasoline! She better not get used to the plush treatment though. I can't spare the extra dime per gallon every time I fill up.

That was a long post. Sorry. Time to get frustrated by reading Breaking Dawn. Talk about a terrible end to the Twilight series. I'm not even 1/5 of the way in and I hate it yet I can't stop reading it!

2 comments:

Dave said...

Not sure as to whether that is just being friendly or flirting, but either way it made for a funny conversation! Winking is pretty flirtatious though, did you wink back?

MegHan said...

I can't wink...so no.

And if I could, I probably wouldn't have (unless he could get me a discount on post-its).