I have been stripped of my Illinois driver's license. The BMV (Bureau? What's wrong with Department?) was merciless. Wanda didn't even let me say goodbye. And, Carolynn took the worst picture I have ever seen of myself. It's bad enough that they don't let you smile anymore but then she tried to tell me my head was tilted. I was just standing there....uhh...perhaps your camera was tilted, woman. And, thanks for telling me you were hitting the "take picture" button. Long story short, I hope they still let lazy eye-d people into bars.
In other news, my floors are about half-done I'd say. I no longer see concrete but rather bright pool water blue padding and wood underlayment? My floorspeak is terrible. It was a rather dull day though. I sat in my room with no cable or internet (they had to unplug both to get said pool blue stuff and wood down). I did get half a pre-test made for this coming year. I need to stop by school tomorrow to pick up some worksheets and papers I forgot to pack or misplaced during the move. It's not really "on the way" anywhere but the 90 minute round trip ride will be a way to get me out of the house. You can only sit around in your room waiting for the floors to be done for so long.
My day out will actually start with a hair-trim at 10. The word cut suggests a more drastic change than I ever go for. My hair will look the same. Just a 1/2 inch shorter. I hope the kids at school like it.
Speaking of school again. It starts August 13. Holy cow. After I get back from Maine, I'll have to start practicing waking up before 9....4 hours before 9. Eeek.
2 comments:
I just started thinking...perhaps we should invite Erlind to Maine with us.
Uhhh, because he can kayak and likes lighthouses?
Post a Comment