I met (as in waved to) my neighbor with the rifle today while I was cooking brats for dinner. He seems friendly and un-scary. At least now that we're friends I know he won't be using the rifle on meeeee. He's got a prissy little dog though... makes me feel even worse that he's always yelling at it. I was fine when he was yelling at a mutt but now that it's a happy-go-lucky white fluffy prancing thing, I don't know...
In other news, Brett accused me of living him a voicemail of a male tinkling. That made my night.
What also made my night was Nate and Katie's attempts to be let in. They decided to (romantically) throw stones at my windows. It's unfortunate they had been ringing the wrong door bell and thus threw the stones at the wrong windows. Luckily, Jeff thought they were ghosts and I went to investigate/let them in.
Another night-maker....Jeff's pounding frantically on my screen door (after I had let him out to go home) because he was afraid to cross the toad at the end of my sidewalk. Yes, I said toad. He ended up walking around the 4 car garage just so he wouldn't have to walk over the creature. Perhaps the dramatization of a little girl being bitten by a deadly mojave snake on Animal Planet's "I Was Bitten" implanted this (logical?) fear in him.
I should pack while I am waiting for Becky to call. One would think with all my days off that I'd use the time to pack. Nope. I'm leaving tomorrow for the MP (and its delightful parental airport taxi company) by noonish and haven't packed a darn thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment