Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ohhh children

I went to school today to get some copying done before I had to fight other teachers for time with my favorite duplo. At 1:00, registration for incoming 7th graders started. I smiled politely at one tour group (I heard they were on my team) as I was heading home. Didn't want them to think I was a meanie! I hate fake smiling (and nodding) by the way.

After that tour group passed, three of last year's students came running down the hall toward me....shouting my name. (That made said tour group turn around and take in my greatness yet again).
Girl: Miss Birger, are you married yet???
Me: Uhh, no, was I supposed to be?
Girl: Yeah, remember this summer you were supposed to find a boyfriend and get married.
Me: Oh, right. Well, I did spend my whole summer looking for a boyfriend but it didn't produce results...

Two things
1. I only have 6 days to find a hubby and complete my summer homework assignment.
B. I hope the tour group (still in earshot) gets sarcasm....

No comments: