Saturday, April 12, 2008

Decisions, Decisions

Well, readers, since no amount of guaranteed butt hugging will bring Britta back to Valpo to be my roommate, I have to decide what to do when I get kicked out of Compass in July. I actually need to be already moved in by the end of July because I have a Montanian Mystery Tour to go on starting on August 3.

Anyway, let me lay out my choices for ya.

Choice 1: Move into this one bedroom condo on good old Sturdy Road. In addition to a HUGE balcony from which I can see the University I so dearly call my alma mater, it's only 890 "benjamins". But, will I ever have guests who require a "guest room"? Will I have a place to put my "home office"? Ok, fine, my "home office" is only a desk, but will there be room for that? Can I be that independent? Live alone in a one bedroom with no hope of socialization other than myself(and my 50 cats that I'll soon adopt)?


Choice 2: Try to get this two bedroom, 1.75 bath condo. It's the largest place I've seen. 1285 square feet. That's 185040 square inches! I could use one bedroom for my bed and another for this "home office" and company that is sure to visit me. But, it's 1125 "benjamins". That'd be a larger monthly payment. And if I bought it, I'd never want to move out when Prince Eric proposes(I think Prince Charming is fugly thus my use of this Disney Prince) because it's that nice.

Choice 3: Something YOU come up with. I got nothing. Well, there is this place near the Portage area. One would think since it's farther west that I would be closer to work. Nope, it only saves me 8 minutes says Google maps. I haven't looked at it yet because it's not in Valpo. I kind of like it here. It's familiar. Less scary than an area called Portage.

P.S. Choice 1 and 2 are on the 3rd floor of a condo building that has no elevator. So...
Pros: Toned calves and butt and safety. No one will try to steal me. I'm not worth a 3 story climb. Well, I am, but if you could only see my last name on the mailbox, you certainly would NOT put forth that kind of physical exertion to get to me.
Cons: I'd have to move there(but only once and my country movers said they wouldn't mind helping me. I offered them 50 bucks a piece. They then bartered themselves a special "bonus" that is too dirty for me to put in writing. If you'd like a hint, it starts with a b or or an f (if you're good with vocab). Also, I'd have to carry groceries three stories up. I leave my case of bottled water in my trunk now because I'm too lazy to bring it up one flight of stairs...


Sigh. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

3 comments:

LauraS said...

whichever one you choose, make sure you let me come help you put it all together. i am after all a professional. actually, if you really wanted (and i know you want to see me) i would come and house hunt with you. i've gone with other people and they enjoy having my expertise there to help them. plus, i get to live vicariously through other people which is always a good time. i guess britta can come, too...

are you buying? you keep saying condo so it makes me assume you are...way to commit. it's tough to do at 23.

MegHan said...

Ooooh! I'd love to have my own interior designer!

Especially since it looks like any place I pick I will have to paint(at least one wall). SO, you can help me pick the color! This is going to be so exciting!

For scheduling, I will for sure be moving in throughout the month of July so any spare time you have to loan to me then would be just magnificent. I know you are SUPER busy with other clients though sooo let me know your availability. : )

LauraS said...

hey, now i'll have you know that i have currently have THREE clients. that's a big deal for me! that, on top of the stuff my boss has me do. so i actually am sort of busy...haha

but july should be fine. i can do more than pick paint color..i.'ll help you space plan, hang pictures and accessorize as well. :-P