Saturday, April 19, 2008

27 Dresses

Nope, I'm not talking about the movie. I'm talking about how many dresses I tried on today. No joke. I may even be underestimating the total number.

My favorite place to try them on was Dress Barn. I had to ask a sales girl for help getting some of the dresses down from the really really high racks. She was quite pleasant even though some of the hangers fell on her head. We decided she should probably wear safety goggles and a helmet to work . Customer service is a dangerous job! Anyway, besides our cheerful banter, I liked her for two reasons:

1. When I said I didn't know between two sizes what I'd be in one dress, she looked at me and said the smaller size. Good call, girl.
2. After getting the smaller size down, she asked me what these dresses were for. I said I had a few weddings to go to this summer. After hearing this, she quickly grabbed a black dress that looked like a modern flapper costume but with no sequins. She said and I quote "the flapper look is coming back" and then said something about it moving while I danced. Apparently, in my jeans and valpo tshirt, I looked like I wanted to stand out on the dance floor. I chuckled and of course brought the dress to the fitting room with me. Yes, I tried it on. No, I didn't buy it BUT I did get a kick out of seeing myself in the mirror wearing it. I should have taken a picture with my camera to post on here. Sigh. Next time.

In conclusion, two thumbs way up for Dress Barn. Friendly workers. And, most importantly, no prom-dress-trying-on high schoolers anywhere in sight. I'll devote a blog sometime in the future to my hatred of all things mall and high school related.

2 comments:

Britta said...

I tried on the most RIDICULOUS dress ever today. I thought of you, of course, and decided we need to try on ugly dresses again because the styles these days.... way worse than a few years back.

MegHan said...

Done and done.

While we are shopping, we can get Andy a tie to match my black and white dress. That blue one we bought last summer is just not gonna work.