I only have to teach 3 more days of summer school! I'm teaching 6th and 8th graders the wonders of the English language. I'm starting to not entirely hate it but probably just because it's almost over. One of the 6th graders looks like the African American version of the son in Honey I Shrunk the Kids. He's so cute in his glasses and arm full of livestrong-esque bracelets. I hope I have him in class. I've already made a mental list of students I do NOT want to put up with next year. Though...chances are...if they are in summer school, they'll be in my remedial math class, right? Shucks. I guess I need to start praying that I don't get them twice a day since I'll be teaching regular math classes too.
In other (unbelievable) news, I'm going to Sweden for two weeks at the end of July. My aunts were planning a trip and I casually mentioned that teachers are free ALL summer. A few weeks later and my flight is booked. 8 or 9 hours on a plane! Eeek. I'm not worried about entertaining myself or sleeping because recently I've been able to sleep anywhere and for any period of time if not awoken. What I am worried about is the bathroom. I've never used one on a plane before! My longest flight has only been 4 hours. No need for a rest stop during that period of time.
I've picked up some new tv shows during my summer vacay. I'm more than slightly intrigued by VH1's You're Cut Off. They stick a group of spoiled adult brats in a house where they have to cook and clean for themselves. The amount of whining is ridiculous but riveting. New episodes air on Wednesdays if you want to give it a shot. Just realize that you aren't going to actually like anyone on the show. If you get over that fact, it's highly entertaining. I'm also hooked on Drop Dead Diva from Lifetime. Roy from The Office is a hunky-hunk-hunk in it. And on that note, I'm resigning as president of the Valpo chapter of The Jim Halpert Fan Club. Pam, don't even try to stop me from taking your leftovers.
Until next time,
Me
P.S. Go see Toy Story 3!!! You won't regret it.
3 comments:
I want to learn a weird language almost no one speaks, just for the hell of it. My top choice is Gaelic, but I don't think there's good learning material for that, considering only 1% of Ireland speaks it. Svenska might be a good one.
Oh, and Toy Story 3 is frigging awesome. Saw it in 3D.
And for the record, 3D will never catch on. 2 minutes in to the movie you forget it's 3D, but you do remember the fact you paid 5 bucks more for it!
You also remember that you have to wear those stupid glasses!
My favorite part of TS3 was either the tortilla version of Mr. Potato Head OR Spanish Buzz. Hilarious.
oh my god! I'm so glad I just decided to check this. The blogging gods told me you may be writing again.
Can we play a game while you're in Sweden? Every time you see my name written somewhere, you have to take a picture of it. OR, if you meet a Britta, you have to take their picture with them.
I'd also like a Britta keychain. It's been a life dream to find one of those darn things.
Post a Comment