Thursday, June 24, 2010

149!

The title is the score I earned in the final game at bowling tonight. Wooooot. That's well above my 118 average. Nate and I definitely owe our good bowling to the shamrocks that I brought to give us luck. Yup, I have a shamrock plant and it's actually growing (not dying). I think it's the first plant I've actually cared about (or watered). If the luck continues, we will retire the Bushy-Tailed Gopher name and come back next summer as The Shamrocks.

My AC is not working properly. Luckily, it's nice out now and there's a breeze but only if you're outside... I'm trying to get the place below 75 before bedtime. I have the fans on high. 4 more degrees to go! Speaking of the AC, my home warranty covers repairs through June 30. The AC repair people were supposed to call me yesterday about setting up a time for repair. They didn't call so I called them at 4:45. I still had not heard from them by 12:30 today so I called and left another message. I'm giving them until 11 tomorrow and then I'm calling again. Nope, I don't care if I'm the bitch who keeps calling. I want some air! I keep my heat at 60 in the winter to save money for my air conditioning. This why I never feel guilty about putting on the air and also why I'm pissed I can't cool my place to lower than 76 with the AC running.

In other news, I'm going to Toronto on Sunday with a fellow teacher. We're hitting up Niagara Falls and the downtown Toronto area. I'm pretty excited about the Maid of the Mist ride. You get so close to the falls they give you ponchos! It's also Gay Pride week while we're there. Sadly we won't be there for the Dyke March on July 2. That's actually the title of the parade on the website... Oh by the way, while I'm in Sweden, I'm in Stockholm during the Gay Pride Festival. I wonder if the universe is trying to tell me something...

The Mickeys I cracked open is definitely making me cooler. I'd like another but fear the second beer would make my cheeks rosy and warm since I'm out of drinking practice. I do need to build up my tolerance in the next two weeks. Aunt Stell says in Sweden all they do is drink and eat herring. Since I don't do herring, I guess I'm going to need to drink my meals...

Are there any other images you all want me to capture in Sweden (aside from ones of me bathing in the lake)? I'm pretty hyped about my "Britta" scavenger hunt. Oh, if you've moved, a new address would be appreciated but only if you'd like a postcard or two or ten.

1 comment:

Britta said...

YES! POSTCARD!

500 W. Belmont Ave., 9G
You know my city and state, 60657

Also, you could play a game of finding me a Sven. Just tell any blonde babes you have a blonde friend back home. She likes Swedish accents and Swedish babies.