Sooooo my good friend ritta-Bay mentioned that I should blog about the funny things that happen to me or are said to me or are asked about me at school. She gives solid advice so here I am.
Opening Story:
You may wonder why the title of this here blog is in Pig Latin. Well, you see, it all started a couple of weeks ago when one of my students-we shall call him Igga-way-asked "(My Name), do you know Pig Latin?" And, me, being the funny person I am could not just answer "yes." I HAD to say "es-yay." (If I could relive that moment, my response would be "No, I've never heard of Pig Latin" and then I would move on to the day's lesson.)
But we can't go back in time so now every time I see this child he says "ood-gay orning-may, Y-may Ame-Nay." (and if you know my last name, you know how funny that sounds) And, instead of smiling and nodding and saying Hi back, one day I corrected him and said, "Igga-Way, it's not orning-may." So then we had to figure out how to say afternoon in Pig Latin because I know(and I tried to say it in the middle of class this way) it's not fternoon-ay. Thanks go out to Oogle-Gay who helped us figure out this Pig Latin mystery. For words that start with a vowel, you say the whole word (afternoon) and then add "way" to the end(afternoon-way). Innocent research you think, right? NOPE. So now, every time I have to raise my voice to tell Igga-Way to sit down or be quiet since he is never ever in his seat OR quiet, he does what I ask and then raises his hand and says "ood-gay afternoon-way, Ms..you know the rest."
How can you get angry at a hyperactive child like that? He only wants me to be his friend. So no matter how annoying he gets, I can't help but smile when he wishes me good afternoon in Pig Latin. Sigh, I'm a big softy when it comes to funny kids, I guess.
TTFN
Names have been changed to protect the stupid.
2 comments:
I'm pretty sure I would make an awful teacher. There is no way that I could get mad or punish a kid for doing something smart or hilarious.
I forgot to mention to you earlier that I loved how you called your student "Igga-way."
Haaaaa, wigga! Funny.
Post a Comment