Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Itchy

I hate mosquitoes or whatever bugs bit me while I watched fireworks on Sunday. Why did they bite ME? I was just minding my own business, waiting for the sizzler fireworks. I had even applied bug spray to my legs and arms...but missed my back...underneath my shirt I guess. Yeah, they were adventurous little bugs. I had to wake up and find my itch relief stuff at 3 am because I thought I was going to itch all the skin on my back off while I slept.

In other news, I only have a week until I depart for Sweden. I've begun the packing process by purchasing my travel toiletries today. Tomorrow I'm counting my unmentionables to make sure I have enough to last me two weeks without laundry access. Such a booked schedule I have, right? I might even add "Make a friends' address list" to my list of things to do tomorrow. We know Britta will be getting a postcard and Dave (because you haven't moved out yet : ( ). However, Brett, if you (and not your sister) are interested in a postcard featuring some hot Swedish tennis-playing female, I'm going to need your new addy. Uh, Becky, I guess I'm just sending yours to Jackson, MI...

In bowling news, Jennie and I made friends last week. Some (married) guy who was just hanging out with our opponents while they bowled introduced himself to us and told us it was shot time. You can't turn down that offer. Especially when he said it was going to be a Flamin Dr Pepper shot. There were no flames...Bob the Bartender must not be allowed to light anything on fire. It was like an Irish car bomb I guess: shot glass of rum and amaretto dropped into a glass of beer. It took a long time to chug. I was impressed I finished it without taking a mid-shot breather. Jennie won't be bowling this week. That means I'll have to maintain this new friendship on my own. It also means I'll have to be my own DD. I guess I won't be taking any shots...

Oooh, I have to change my laundry before Deadliest Catch starts!

No comments: