Everyone on the good ole book of the face is telling 25 of their "friends" random facts about them. Well, let's be honest, I don't have 25 friends on FB that would care to know 25 things about me. I know there are people I don't speak to that would read my facts(just as I have read theirs) but I'm not going be entertainment for those stalkers...
So, I'm tagging you(you will not receive an email alerting you of the fact though...this is less exciting than facebook already),readers. (Dave, this is like a myspace survey so I'm sure you'll be all over it.)
1. My oldest sister got married when she was 35, which means I have a good 11 years to settle down. That would still give me a 40 year marriage...seems long enough to me. And, yes, this is something I think about because 13-year-olds like to know my business.
2. I learned an important lesson in high school: You don't have to hang out with people you don't like. So, if I willingly hang out with you, I like you. If not, draw your own conclusion.
3. My job may be on the line because of financial issues in our public school system. I never thought this would happen. Junior Highs, which require 3 teachers per subject are cheaper than middle schools, which require 4. The lowest person on the totem pole(ME) gets cut. Yippee.
4. On the topic of #3, if I do need a new job, I think I am pretty f***-ing marketable. I can teach you English or Math, run your Nerd Bowl team, host after school tutoring, keep score for volleyball OR basketball games, etc.
5. Whenever I find Friends to watch on TBS, I LOL at least three times per episode. Why didn't I watch this show when it was on?
6. Since living alone, I don't think I could share my abode with anyone for an extended period of time.
7. Living alone has made me feel a bit anti-social. Like, is it ok that sometimes I'd rather sit here on my couch than call anyone to hang out?
8. I don't call people to hang out because I don't know if they want to hear from me/hang out with me and because of number 9...
9. I don't like calling people...to order pizza, to call customer service,to make hair or dentist appointments...
10. I also have "bad phone call ending" disease. I get it from my mother. She all but hangs up on me some days. "Ok, I'll let you go. Bye. Bye. Click"
10. I've been trying to ask more questions in conversations lately. I've been thinking I dominate conversations with facts/stories about me.
11. High schoolers intimidate me. Maybe it's their height or the possibility that they could be smarter than me. Maybe it's because I disliked high school.
12. I LOVED middle school. That fact probably explains a lot.
13. I was a bitch in middle school(but that's not why I loved it). I do feel bad about it but since I only talk to one person from back then, it's all good?
14. I can only chew gum for 40 minutes. After that, my gag reflex starts to kick in and I have to spit the gum out ASAP.
15. I don't pay my own car insurance or phone bill. Call me spoiled but I don't think I could handle that financially right now.
16. I have "feelings" about things that will happen in my life but don't always follow said feeling. For instance, I KNEW that I'd go to Valpo by September of my senior year of high school but still claimed Purdue has my number one choice until May 1. I also KNEW that I'd be a teacher but didn't declare a major until the end of my sophomore year of college. Another back burner feeling--I will have three sons and I will name them Joshua Thomas, Matthew Paul,(I had this name before I met THE Matthew Paul of Morgan TWP) and Ryan(I don't remember the middle name). And, no, I'm not a psycho. I'll let my husband(Anoop from AI) suggest some names as long as they all have my LAST name.
17. There was a kid with the last name of Fry in my preschool class. The teacher and all the kids thought our friendship was hilarious.
25. Oh, 25 already??? Phew.
8 comments:
1. Next time you want to order a pizza, call me and I'll order it for you.
2. Your #14 is SO true. Your gum chewing/gag reflex is the epitome of ASAP.
3. Anoop Birger?
I might have just pee'd myself a bit.
I too have grown "anti-social". I rather sit down with Ben and Jerry, and a $3.50 movie from Target than do other social outings.
Honestly, even though I give you shit about your bitchiness in grade school, you were always polite to my face.
I might have to keep your blog under my favorites to read at work.
Britta, that child's name is so creative. It's a good thing you depend on your creativity for work...
Amanda, I showed my kids my 7th grade yearbook today. They only got to see my basketball picture because my bangs(and my braces and my pimples) were NOT behaving for the regular portrait...
And, I'm glad I was at least polite to your face. That makes me feel a bit better about things especially since you are my one and only remaining friend from those years...wait we weren't really "friends" then. Ha. I guess no one wanted to stay my friend. Tear.
Also, Amanda, I'm glad I can help you in your time theft quest at work.
I enjoyed your list thoroughly. You made me feel better because I do not pay my phone bill or car insurance, either.
And don't worry, if you lose your job Britta has PLENTY of room for you to crash with her. :-)
P.S. My last post was deleted due to a minor spelling error.
A minor spelling error that I noticed!
And, by Britta, I'm sure you meant her parents have plenty of room for me. I could just get myself into the Galesburg school system, right?
There is no room for spelling errors! I was just so excited I typed too fast.
Tom and Pat would love to have you. If my brother can teach in Gburg, I think you would do just fine. If not, I bet you can get a job making crepes at the Landmark! :-)
Post a Comment