Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I am not desperate

I repeat. I am not desperate. And, I am not currently looking for a man.

BUT Becky convinced me to make a profile on this okcupid site. So I did(because I'm bored and have nothing to do until my next vacation).

What am I not? Did you say desperate? Good job.

I've gotten one real message so far. It was in response to the fact that I mention in my profile that radio stations other than the Oldies one didn't exist until I was in middle school. In this message, the guy states that he still doesn't think there other stations other than 94.7. Well, there is 94.3 he says. I personally don't know what's on that station. I'm guessing oldies?

I have not responded. Nor do I even have a picture uploaded.

Don't worry.

I also put my profile name in Pig Latin to ward off everyone(or so I thought).

Another thing, I cannot justify putting a picture up unless it's for "research" purposes(my blog?) or for my 32nd birthday. That's the new "Age of Desperation."

4 comments:

Becky said...

I'm telling you there is a lifetime movie in here. Also I think that this should turn into a challenge for every single person in your readership. I wounder who could get the most responses without putting up a photo. It's the ultimate social experiment. Like the real world internet.

Britta said...

No picture of you. Put up a picture of someone famous that's clearly not you. That'd be better. Like Cindy Crawford.

MegHan said...

The site doesn't allow celebrity pictures or childhood pictures or nature pictures or anything that's not me.

Looks like no picture will ever be loaded.

Becky said...

I can draw a likeness of you although I think Betsy was offended by my drawing of her that made her look like an old woman with her hair on fire. Someone needs to tell her art means doing whatever the hell i want. Besides hair on fire is so in right now.