...did parents start believing their teenage kid instead of the teacher?
I'm pretty sure that had I been a bad kid who had to have the teacher call home every now and again, my parents would have believed EVERY word the teacher said. If I would have come home with a different story about the troublemaking, I would have been been the one lying-not the teacher. So what's changed?
Are parents becoming more stupider?
UGH!
Now, if I could make a PSA, it'd contain the following....
Attention Stupid Parents: Teachers have better things to do than to make up stories about your little darling. Believing your kid over the authority figure says to your angelic child: "Mommy and daddy will always back you up. Even when you commit murder."
2 comments:
As the kid of 2 teachers I can tell you that parents have been stupid for years.
Well, yes, I realized that.
but WHEN did they make this turn to stupidity?
I think I should do some research. Ask around to some older folks at school...they shouldn't be hard to find.
Post a Comment