Monday, March 10, 2008

I spent $91 today!

Getting money from the PTC is NICE. I got to go on a shopping spree at STAPLES! Ok, not exactly the place you might want to go on a shopping spree but I had fun!

I was able to buy a class set of cool colored(including the new colors of forest green, plum, indigo and brick red) dry erase markers. The ones we got to go with the class set of white boards suck.

Anyway, in addition to the nifty markers, I got a new board eraser and scotch tape and a box of pencils and a hand-held pencil sharpener for 25 cents and (oooh!) big magnetic clips so I can hang this big graph paper on my front board and finally, a new bad-ass electric pencil sharpener. It's probably not as bad-ass as the 30 dollar one but mine will still sharpen a pencil enough for you to poke your own or somebody else's eyeball out...from 5 feet away. The kids better not break it.

Then, I still had 25 dollars left so I went to Barnes and Noble and purchased myself two books(with a 20% educator's discount) One is full of Pre-Algebra type worksheets. It's from The Basic Not Boring Series so the kids will LOVE them. Ha. The other is a Math Word Problem of the Day book...put out by Spark Notes-a not so reliable or in-depth source for literature but I figure I can let them create word problems for me.

And, it's not even 9 yet. I think I might go curl up with a good book about ghost hunters.

P.S. I've accumulated 1,569 Speedway Rewards Points. 181 more points and I can get 10 cents off per gallon on one gasoline purchase. That's pretty sweet, right? And, in 11,181 more points, I can get a $15 itunes gift card. OR, I already qualify to get a Reese's Whipps King Size Bar or a Roller Grill Item. Boo-yah.

1 comment:

LauraS said...

i believe i know what book you are reading...

sad news: i have been using your bookmark regularly and the other night when i was reading, the cat hopped up and knocked it off the bed. well, when i went to retrieve it i couldn't find it anywhere! it HAS to be under the bed, but i have yet to find it. it's like it disappeared into thin air. i've since resorted to using a scrap of paper. it's not nearly as orange.